The week has arrived: that of packing panic, last minute errands, advising the housesitter(s), worrying about the cats, etc. etc. OH, and that of the beginning of our two week vacation to a large swath of the Southwestern US! With much going on, and much more interesting things to post about once we hit the road, I thought I’d republish our planned itinerary in the meantime:
- Denver, via nonstop flight, to savor the area’s fantastic craft beer scene (again);
- Rocky Mountain road trippin’ down to Telluride, taking in the Last Dollar Road during peak fall foliage;
- Lingering in the Rockies in Durango, with day trips to Mesa Verde and then choo-chooing up to Silverton and back via rail;
- Meandering from CO to Moab, UT, where we enter into National Park mode (Canyonlands, Arches);
- Leaving our hiking shoes on for Bryce and then Zion National Parks, with plenty of foot-guided exploration planned;
- Driving tired feet to Page, AZ and putting them to work again in Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend;
- the Grand Canyon (DUH);
- and, lastly, making a dusty roadtrip to Albuquerque, NM, to take in the awesome sights of the Balloon Fiesta.
As always, your suggestions for anything from great food to amazing hikes along the way are welcome!
Next post: Actual trip details!!!