With about two short months to go until our next Atlantic-hopping adventure, an itinerary framework has formed:
- Flight to Paris –> pick up rental car –> drive to and stay in Honfleur
- Visit Honfleur –> drive to Bayeux. Eat croissants. Eat shellfish.
- Stay two nights in Bayeux. Tour D-Day sights.
- Find a beach, lay on said beach until the tour buses depart Mont St. Michel, then visit Mont St. Michel.
- Depart Mont St. Michel –> drive to Amboise. Stay two nights. Explore castles and tour wineries.
- –> Back to Paris, the city I heart. Having already toured the major sights, this time we’ll eat and drink and wander the city.
- Stay two nights –> Go Home.
We’re at about 75% on hotel bookings, but I’m always taking suggestions on sights/neighborhoods to see and how to best take a destination to heart (er, stomach).
More to come!