In 12 days, we’ll be boarding the (dreaded) flight to London. Twelve days! I’m uncertain where the time has gone, and also how I’ll manage to finish our preparations in time. I’ll take the “things tend to work themselves out” approach for now. Below, for anyone who cares, is our itinerary, in brief:
- Friday, May 24: Fly overnight from Pittsburgh to London (via Philly, I believe?). Arrive in London around 9 a.m. Saturday, London-time.
- May 25-27: London sightseeing bonanza; we’ll hit all the major sights. Notably, on Sunday night, we have tickets to see Muse in Emirates Stadium. I’m sure they’ll put on an amazing show on their home turf.
- May 28: Bus trip from London to Bath, Lacock (town where some of Harry Potter was filmed, etc.) and finally to a private sunset tour of Stonehenge. Returning back to London late.
- May 29: Catching a flight from London city airport to Dublin.
- May 29-31: Touristing in Dublin, the stomping grounds of many a famous writer and the home of Guinness.
- May 31 – June 6: Rural Ireland driving tour (on the other side of the road while driving a stick-shift). Many stops are planned along our routes, but I’ll save the details (and photos) for later. Specific sleepover stops include:
- May 31: Portrush, Northern Ireland. Beachy resort town (unlikely to have beaching weather)
- June 1-2: Galway, Ireland. Also a coastal town, and a town I really look forward to visiting.
- June 3: Adare, Ireland – pictures look beautiful.
- June 4: Dingle, Ireland. More ocean smells!
- June 5: Killarney, Ireland – Convenient stopping place, supposedly touristy but with plentiful watering holes.
- June 6 (last day): TBD – likely stay in the Ennis or Limerick, Ireland, both of which are convenient to the airport
- June 7 – Flight from Shannon Ireland home. Back on a Friday evening, allowing two days of jet lag recovery.
After our night in Portrush, we’ll be staying in small B&Bs, an experience I’m looking forward to.
Also, any suggestions are welcomed!